Who We Are Not
To help clarify our beliefs we believe it may also be helpful to declare what we do not believe. In stating what we are not, we do not seek to attack those who disagree with us, but rather to distinguish ourselves so that those who are considering becoming a part of this body of believers are aware of who we are, as well as who we are not.
- We are not liberals who embrace culture without discernment and compromise the distinctives of the gospel, but rather Christians who believe the truths of the Bible are eternal, the gospel transcends time and culture and are therefore fitting for every time, place, and people.
- We are not fundamentalists who retreat from cultural involvement and transformation, but rather missionaries faithful both to the content of Scripture and context of ministry.
- We are not isolationists and seek to partner with like-minded Christians from various churches, denominations, and organizations in proclaiming the gospel and furthering the kingdom of God.
- We are not hyper-Calvinists who hold a fatalistic view, but rather pray, evangelize, and do good works because we believe that the sovereign plan of God is accomplished through us, His people.
- We are not egalitarians and do believe that men should head their homes and male elders should lead their churches with masculine love like Jesus Christ.
- We are not Open Theists and believe in the sovereignty and foreknowledge of God in all things.
- We are not religious relativists and do believe that there is no salvation apart from faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- We are not nationalists seeking to simply improve one nation, but instead ambassadors of the King of Kings commissioned to proclaim and demonstrate the gospel for the blessing of all peoples and the glory of God.
- We are not moralists seeking to help people live good lives, but instead evangelists laboring to proclaim the gospel that people would become new creations in Christ.
- We are not relativists and do gladly embrace Scripture as our highest authority above such things as culture, experience, philosophy, and other forms of revelation.
- We are not Universalists and do believe that many people will spend eternity in the torments of hell as the Bible teaches.
- We are not naturalists and do believe that Satan and demons are real enemies at work in this world and subject to God.
- We are not rationalists and do believe that not everything can be known, but that God calls us to live by faith with mystery and partial knowledge regarding many things.
- We are not evangelical feminists and do believe that God reveals Himself as a Father and is to be honored by the names He reveals to us without apology.
- We are not embarrassed by the bloody death of Jesus Christ and do believe He died as a substitute for the sins of His people in selfless love.
- We are not ashamed and do proclaim a loving gospel of grace which is offensive and sounds like foolishness to the unrepentant while also saving multitudes with ears to hear the good news.
- We are not polemicists who believe that it is our task to combat every false teaching, but are very, very passionate about preserving the truth of God’s Word and the integrity of the gospel of Jesus Christ.